Yoodo is an independent mobile service owned and operated by Celcom Mobile Sdn Bhd (Company No. 27910-A)
("Celcom") and the collection and use of customer personal data is governed by this Privacy Notice.
We, CELCOM AXIATA BERHAD (Company No. 167469-A), with our registered office at Level 5, Corporate Headquarters, Axiata Tower, 9 Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and principal place of business at No.6 Persiaran Barat, Seksyen 52, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia, and our subsidiary companies (collectively "CELCOM") provide a range of telecommunication services. We are committed to protecting all Personal Data kept by us and providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service. CELCOM is bound by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and all relevant regulations, standards and guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (including but not limited to the Personal Data Protection Code of Practice for Licensees under the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998), General Consumer Code of Practice for the Communications and Multimedia Industry Malaysia, and the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, which set out a number of principles concerning consumer protection in Malaysia.
Your privacy matters to us, so please take the time to get to know our privacy practices.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice ("Notice"):
"Personal Data" means any information relating to CELCOM's customer that the customer has provided to CELCOM or made available to CELCOM due to his/her contract with CELCOM, e.g. name, Identity Card / Passport No., address, information about his/her transactions with CELCOM such as contact information, credit/debit card information and bank account details, account balances, payment history, mobile phone location, your image recorded by you on to our online platform (such as Celcom Life app), your image recorded via CCTV when you visit our branches or offices, recording of calls you make to our service centers or contact centers and account activity; the words "you", "your" and "customer" includes past, current and future customers of CELCOM, including subscribers to other networks that roam with CELCOM;
"Sensitive Personal Data" comprises information as to the customer's physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, commission or alleged commission of any offence or any other Personal Data determined by law.
This Notice applies to the processing of Personal Data by all operations and business units of CELCOM when you use our network, visit our websites, when you use or receive our products and/or services. To the extent any operations or business unit of CELCOM already has a specific data protection notice in place; this Notice shall supersede and replace any such notice.
The Customer Service Division is responsible for customer access and correction of Personal Data, the notice and choice process to limit the processing of Personal Data, and the Ethics and Privacy Office is responsible for monitoring the administration of this Notice and monitoring enterprise wide compliance.
EFFECTIVE DATE AND CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice is effective from August 1, 2013 and was last updated on September 10, 2021. We reserve the right to modify, update and/or amend this Notice from time to time with reasonable prior notice to you. We will notify you of any amendments via announcements on our websites or other appropriate means of notification. Please check our websites at www.celcom.com.my from time to time to see if there are amendments to this Notice. Any amendments to this Notice will be effective upon publication of the same on our websites. By continuing to communicate with us, use our network, visit our websites and/or use or receive our products and/or services after being notified of any amendments to this Notice, you will be treated as having agreed to and having accepted those amendments.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
- Unless otherwise specified by us at the time the Personal Data is collected, you will be required to supply us with the Personal Data requested in order for you to use our network and/or to receive our products and/or services. If you fail to supply us with the required Personal Data or if the Personal Data is insufficient or not satisfactory to us, we may not be able to process your application and/or provide you with our network, products and/or services.
- When you sign up for our products and services or request for any information from us to enter into a commercial transaction, you consent to us collecting and processing your Personal Data. We will use, process, record, hold, store, share and disclose ("process") Personal Data with your consent.
- Continued use of our network, visits to our websites, use of our products and/or services shall amount to your consent for the processing of your Personal Data by us.
- We will record and maintain a record of consent by your continued use of our network, products and/or services as appearing on our active customer database.
- If you are under the age of 18, you are required to obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before using our network, products and/or services.
- We may collect your Personal Data from customer application forms, prepaid registration forms, customer relationship managements systems, our network systems, and also third parties we deal with or are connected with you or whom you have authorized to process your Personal Data (for example, credit reference/reporting agencies, financial institutions or regulatory and law enforcement agencies) in order to assess your needs and provide you with better service. We may also collect your Personal Data when you communicate with us, register or subscribe for a specific products and/or services, use our network, visit our websites, participate in our surveys, contests, commence a business relationship with us, provide feedback to us or lodge a complaint with us.
- Save as in accordance with this Notice and except as permitted or required under any enactment, law, statute or code, we will not use or disclose your Personal Data without your prior written consent.
- You will be given the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your Personal Data used for purposes not directly related to our network, products and/or services or our websites at the point where we ask for your Personal Data. Please note that should you decide to "opt-out", we may not be able to provide you with certain network, products and/or services and your subscription to or application for certain network, products and/or services may be declined, denied or refused by us.
- We are obliged under the law to disclose your cell phone number to other network operators to enable/facilitate the use of our network, products and/or services. Should you refuse to permit such disclosure, we may not be able to continue providing you with the continued ability to use our network, products and/or services.
Notice and Choice Principle:
- Please be informed that we will process your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- to assess and process your application or subscription for any of our products and/or services, and to verify your identity or assess your creditworthiness in order to provide you with any of our products and/or services;
- to provide you with, administer and manage, the products and/or services you have requested;
- to process your payments for any of our products and/or services, including providing billing to you, maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details and facilitating payments of any amount due to us;
- to provide you with network support, network management and optimisation, customer support and other related services, including to deal with any of your inquiries or complaints;
- to establish and maintain a common database of customers;
- to process data with outsourced entities both within and outside Malaysia;
- for profiling your usage and purchasing preferences, including by analysing how you use our network, websites, products and/or services on a personalized or aggregated basis to gather broad demographic information, interests, and behaviours so that we can better understand you and can tailor our products and/or services in accordance with your preferences;
- to protect our and/or your data in relation to life, death and/or security, which may be deemed as our and/or your vital interests;
- for the administration of justice;
- to provide you with information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our products and/or services;
- to promote products, services and/or special offers of those of organizations selected by us ("our preferred merchants and strategic partners") whose products and/or services we think may be of interest to you, which includes providing tailored/targeted advertising for third parties' products, services and/or special offers;
- to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns, behaviours and choices, planning and statistical analysis, including preparation of reports of such analysis and the use of the results of such analysis for various purposes including for the development and marketing of our and/or our selected third parties' products and/or services;
- to create aggregated statistics about our sales, services, customers, network traffic and location patterns, which we may provide to third parties. Such aggregated statistics do not include information that can personally identify you through the use of means that are likely reasonably to be used either by us or by any other person;
- to send you public service announcements or seasonal greeting messages either on our own behalf or on behalf of other parties (without disclosure of your personal data);
- to facilitate the transfer of your mobile telephone number to another service provider;
- to investigate and resolve any issues or disputes you have with us, including to defend claims made against, or OTHERWISE INVOLVING us;
- for the exercise of any functions required or permitted by or under any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities; and/or
- to fulfill any other related or incidental purpose in order to operate, maintain and better manage the provision of our network, products and/or services to you as well as our business relationship with you.
- We will only disclose your Personal Data for the purpose(s) for which your Personal Data is processed as outlined in this Notice; to comply with any legal obligation or court order; for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime, or for the purpose of investigations; or where you have consented to such disclosure.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties as follows:
- to companies and organizations that assist us in the performance of our contract with you or providing you with any network, products and/or services that you have requested or subscribed for;
- to companies and organizations for compliance with any legal and/or regulatory obligations to which we are the subject, in addition to any obligation imposed under our contract with the customer;
- to companies and organizations that act as our payment channels including and without limitation, financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details and facilitating payments of any amount due to us;
- to other service providers or third parties nominated by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database of customers or processing data as an outsourced entity both within and outside Malaysia;
- to companies and organizations that act as our agents or contractors for the purposes of recovering any amount due to us;
- to our dealers and agents that work with us to provide or market and sell our products and/or services;
- to our professional advisers including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors, on a "need to know" basis;
- to regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies or other government authorities in compliance with requirements under the law or towards the detection or prevention of crime and/or fraud;
- to any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding, for purposes of the proceeding;
- to credit providers or credit reporting agencies which may include but not limited to Defaulters Database Management Facility (an initiative by network operators in Malaysia to determine the credit worthiness of the customers) and CTOS or fraud prevention agencies;
- any third party (and its advisers/representatives) in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, consolidation, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, funding exercise or asset/share sale relating to all or any portion of our business or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, where your Personal Data will be transferred; and/or
- to any other third party related to or incidental to the performance of our contract with you, the provision of our network, products and/or services to you, or in respect of maintaining our business relationship with you.
- Direct Marketing: We may process your Personal Data to send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our products and/or services and those of our preferred merchants and strategic partners which may be of interest to you. In line with this:
- We may disclose your Personal Data to our preferred merchants and strategic partners where you have subscribed for particular products and/or services which require such disclosure and/or where you have consented to such disclosure.
- With your consent, we and/or our preferred merchants and strategic partners may send you marketing communications about products and/or services based on your preferences and interests.
- If you do not intend to continue receiving any such marketing communications from us and/or our preferred merchants and strategic partners, you can opt-out of such direct marketing by contacting us at the contact details listed in this Notice. Please note that if you opt-out, we may still send you non-marketing and promotional communications that relate to the products and/or services which you subscribed for.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to our subsidiaries, parent company Axiata Group Berhad or any other entity who processes your Personal Data for the purposes as outlined in paragraph 4.2.1.
- We are responsible for taking prudent steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including taking appropriate procedural, organizational and technical steps to protect Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure. We will employ a number of safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Data, to protect Personal Data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- These steps include entering into written agreements with subcontractors who process Personal Data in accordance with our instructions and incorporating our own data protection standards as a minimum, and requiring the subcontractors to provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing of Personal Data, and ensuring that the subcontractors take reasonable steps to comply with those measures.
Your data will be retained for the purposes to which it was collected and processed, or to comply with any legal, regulatory or internal requirements. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected and processed.
Data Integrity Principle:
- We strive to maintain complete, current, and accurate Personal Data about our customers. Any inaccurate Personal Data that is brought to our attention will be corrected as quickly as possible after notification. Procedures will be maintained to ensure that any reported inaccuracies are promptly and effectively handled and that all Personal Data remains as accurate, current and complete as possible.
- You are obliged to provide complete, current and accurate Personal Data to us. Failure to provide complete, current and accurate Personal Data to us as required in the agreement including the registration form or any addendum to agreement/form, may result in your application for our products and/or services being rejected, the service or agreement being terminated and/or correspondence from us including without limitation, bill statements failing to reach you. In such events, we shall not be held liable for any claims or complaints from you arising therefrom.
You have the right to access to your Personal Data that we have in our possession or control and may request that your Personal Data be amended for purposes of accuracy and completeness. We may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted under the applicable law) to cover the administrative costs involved in processing your request to access your Personal Data. Notwithstanding this, we reserve our rights to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your Personal Data. To submit a request for access to your personal data, please download and complete and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO OUTSIDE OF MALAYSIA
- We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties located both in Malaysia and overseas who provide outsourced data storage or data processing services for and on behalf of us, or if you use our network, products and/or services from a country other than Malaysia (for example, international roaming).
- You consent to us transferring your Personal Data outside Malaysia in these instances.
- You note that these foreign entities may be established in countries that might not offer a level of data protection that is equivalent to the same level of protection as Malaysia.
- We take appropriate steps to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected, which include carrying out data security reviews of any data recipients, putting in place contracts with such recipients as well as requiring the recipients to ensure that your Personal Data will not be processed in a manner which, if that country is Malaysia, would be in contravention of the applicable data protection laws in Malaysia.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
- If the need arises, we will obtain explicit consent from you before or when we process Sensitive Personal Data.
- We may process Sensitive Personal Data without your consent only in limited circumstances as permitted by law.
- We provide products and/or services via our various websites. When you visit our websites, the web servers generally record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our websites and monitor their performance. From time to time we may also use third parties to analyse this anonymous information.
- As mandatory in the usage of our websites, we may require standard information such as your login ID, password, Personal Data, contact details and identification numbers for verification purposes. This information is necessary for us to provide the products and/or services you applied for. You are required to maintain the secrecy of your login ID and password enabling you to access our websites. It is strongly emphasized that we will not be able to protect your Personal Data if you reveal your login ID and password to anyone on your own, and as such, we will not be liable for such disclosure of Personal Data.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- We also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the Internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. We collect and manage IP addresses as part of the service of providing Internet session management and for security purposes.
- Our websites may transmit to your computer a "cookie", which enables us to store information on your computer when you visit our websites. A cookie is a package of data that allows our server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer without having to spend time on identifying each customer, thereby also providing additional login convenience. You may configure and personalize your current browser to refuse, reject or delete such cookies.
- Cookie further enables us to recognise your computer during your repeated visits. The type of information gathered is anonymous and non-personal (e.g. the IP address of the customer's computer, the date and time of the customer's visit, which pages the customer browsed and whether the pages have been delivered successfully). Apart from merely establishing basic connectivity and communications, we may also use this data in aggregated form to develop customised services which are tailored to your individual interests and needs. Should you choose to do so, it is possible (depending on the browser you are using), for you to be prompted before accepting any cookies, or to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. This may however cause certain features of our websites not to be accessible.
THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATION CHANNEL
- You may reach out to us on third party communication channels (such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter) (collectively "the said Communication Channel") for us to provide you services, including but not limited to, balance inquiry, customer service, news and promotion about our products and services. Additionally, after you have opted to use any the said Communication Channel, we may continue to contact you to provide future services, unless you have requested to cease the communication.
INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING
- Interest Based Advertising is a way of making the advertisements (ads) on the websites that you visit more relevant to you. We collect anonymous information about the web browsing activity of your Internet-enabled device and use that information to associate your browser with one or more pre-defined interest categories. This enables us to provide ads to you that are tailored to your interests. Interest Based Advertising does not change the amount of advertising you receive, it just makes it more relevant.
- You may configure and personalize your current browser to refuse, reject or delete collection of information for Internet Based Advertising. This may however cause certain features of our websites not to be accessible.
- We may have access to common demographic attributes associated with your use of our network, websites, products and/or services and we may use this information to present targeted or tailored advertising campaigns or content, provide you with better network support services and customer support services.
- We may also generate or maintain our customer profiles using internal data sources including your Personal Data or Personal Data obtained from third parties associated with or in collaboration with us. Any information we generate, collect or analyse for this purpose is highly aggregated, anonymous and categorised into common demographic attributes like region, age bracket, gender, or behaviour. Information generated in common demographic attributes that we may establish does not contain Personal Data.
- We may share this highly aggregated and anonymous information with third parties who may combine it with other information to conduct more comprehensive audience analysis for us and for third parties associated with or in collaboration with us. We may use that information or in combination with other information to distribute targeted or tailored advertising or content to you without having to disclose any of your Personal Data to the advertisers.
- By visiting our websites or using our network, products and/or services, you consent to our processing of any of your information for the above digital analytics purposes. If you do not agree with your information being processed by way of digital analytics for direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out by contacting us at the contact details listed in this Notice or selecting the "opt-out" option on our websites. Please note, however, that digital analytics may be used for other purposes which are necessary for our products and/or services or our business relationship with you. Should you decide to opt-out of digital analytics for any purposes other than for direct marketing, we may not be able to provide you with certain network, products and/or services and your subscription to or application for certain network, products and/or services may be declined, denied or refused by us.
- Click here to opt-out of digital analytics.Clicking this link installs a cookie that opts you out of analytics in https://www.yoodo.com.my/ Clearing your cookies or deleting this particular cookie removes your opt-out preference. This opt-out cookie is specific to this browser and in this device only.
CALLING NUMBER DISPLAY
Our Calling Number Display facility (CND) lets persons who receive phone calls identify who is calling them by displaying the caller's number. CND forms part of the ordinary telephony service that you purchase from us. Unless you have chosen to block your phone number, or have a silent line, CND will usually cause your phone number to be displayed (or logged) – locally and sometimes internationally – on a receiving caller's phone. In other words, CND will enable the disclosure of your phone number to receiving callers (and to other network operators) locally and internationally, unless you take the above measures. If you do not wish to disclose your number to persons receiving your call, you may subscribe to our Caller Line Identification Restriction (CLIR) service at prescribed fees.
LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
If any part of our websites link you to other websites, those other websites do not operate under this Notice and we do not accept any responsibility or liability arising from those other websites.Likewise, if you subscribe to an application, content, a service or a product from our preferred merchant or strategic partners and you subsequently provide your Personal Data directly to that third party, that Personal Data will be subject to that third party's privacy/personal data protection notice or policy (if they have such a notice or policy) and not to this Notice.We recommend that you to read and understand the privacy/personal data protection notices/policies of those merchants or strategic partners in order for you to understand their procedures for collecting, processing, using and disclosing personal data and before submitting your Personal Data to themIf you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice, please contact us via email: email@example.com